Monday 9 August 2010

Happy Birthday Crafty Cardmakers!!


We're celebrating our birthday today at Crafty Cardmakers, so we have a nice easy challenge for you - we'd simply like to see your birthday creations :o)  I can't believe it's been a whole year since we had the first challenge - I'd only just started blogging and Vix was kind enough to give me a chance at my very first DT post... I'd like to think my card making has come on a bit since those early days, and a lot of what I've done since has been down to Vix's encouragement, so thank you hun!

I've made this card for a friend of mine, who also makes cards, but I'm not sure if it's good enough so I might end up making another one!  I've used a fab summery image from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers, and then used glossy accents to glaze the glass.  The papers are MME, with DCWV cardstock.  Green Tara flowers with button centres, downloaded sentiment from Cuddly Buddly, mounted on a nestie die.  All buttons and the ribbon (tied in a bow using the bow-easy) are from Crafty Emma's Store, bought with the voucher I won on the Pollycraft challenge.

I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:

**I have candy at the moment - link in the top right of my blog if you'd like to enter**

30 comments:

Phred said...

Fab card

Lv toria

cowboydutrem said...

Very nice card! I love all the buttons and the DP!

Lizzy said...

Luv it ! gorgeous card xx Lizzy xx :)

CraftyC said...

Its a gorgeous card Lisa, that drink looks quite appetising!
Clairexx

Lindsey said...

What do you mean "not good enough?" I love it so much i'm going to go and buy that image! Mine will never look as goos as yours though!

Heike said...

This card is just brilliant. Love it! x

melsanford said...

Love this card - the buttons are sooo cute! The colours and papers are fab. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sue said...

Hi Lisa
not good enough??? its a fabulous card, luv the image, great colouring,lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Di said...

I really like this card Lisa, i'm sure your friend will too. Great colours and nice uncluttered design. Di.xx

Sally said...

Gorgeous, love the fresh fun colours.
Sally. x

Anonymous said...

Great card, I could just do with that drink. xx

carol said...

what a super card and image, Thanks for joining in with Craftycatz, x carol

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How funny, I saw this image yesterday in just these colours on my friend Lysney's blog. Great minds think alike. This is such a different image, I love it. Love that sentiment too and aren't those free papers fab. Marianne x

Helen said...

Great card and I love the colours you've used.

Helen x

Tamie said...

Your card is a totally fabulous birthday card. I love the colors they remind me of being in Mexico with a nice drink. The sentiment is very cool as well. The buttons you used are just a perfect fit with your card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Tamie - GDT

Annie said...

love the bright sunny colours on your card. thanks for joining us at CCT
hugs, annie x

pink lady said...

Gorgeous card, I love the pretty papers and the gloss on the glass...fab x

Suzanne said...

Scrummy card. Iquite fancy a drink like that right now, lol. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz x

coops said...

fantastic card lisa.the cocktail image is fab and love how you have glossed it.scrummy papers and colours.

xx coops xx

Julie Riley said...

Gorgeous card well done Lisa x

Cor* said...

perfect, perfect............I;ll drink to that for sure!! love the layout. Off to post your candy now.

dstandard said...

Awesome card - great image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful,love the colours and fabulous image!!!
xx

Stephanie said...

Wonderful, love this! Thanks for playing along with us at The sweet Stop!

Ann English said...

This card is terrific-love the colors and the image! Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Christine said...

Great card, your coloring is beautiful!

Beth said...

Ooh, this gorgeous! I love the funky image - it goes so well with these fab papers!
Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stop Sketch challenge!

Love Beth xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card, I love the DP, the layout and the beautiful flowers thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin challenge hugs Jill xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Made by Mandy said...

Love those colours and the bold images suits the papers really well.

Thanks for being a fabulous teamie over the last year and making me buy new stash by being a 'bad' influence LOL xxx