Thursday 24 May 2012

Less is More - baby or child

Ugh... did I mention I don't do hot weather?  I'm at the wilted mush stage, and I'm past trying not to moan about it... poor hubby lol!  I visited a friend this morning, we had a little walk with the kids (Dex doesn't go to nursery on Thurs & Fri) and then I popped to the shop for a few bits, and that was me finished.... apart from picking Morgan up from school I've not managed anything else, not been in the craft room at all.  It's supposed to be like this right through the weekend too... sob!

Luckily I made these cards yesterday, for this week's challenge at Less is More which is 'for a baby or child'...


They were both going to be the same originally but the boy card was one of those that sort of makes itself and this is just how it ended up!  These little padded hearts were one of the first things I ever bought when I started card making, and I've never really used them.  I decided to stitch some little buttons on them, which I think does make them look a bit better, and then made my very simple boy card with some kraft card, blue core'dinations from my scraps and a LOTV sentiment, stamped in Memento rich cocoa.  I also sponged a bit of antique linen distress ink on the kraft card.

And here's my girl card...


I made this one following the sketch at Clean & Simple, using another of the little padded hearts.  The paper is a digi one from Raspberry Rd, printed onto linen card.  The paper panel is popped up on foam pads on a mat of white linen that you can't really see properly in the photo.  Sentiment is from LOTV, stamped in Memento pear tart.

I'm also entering my cards for the 'new baby' challenge at Fussy & Fancy.

Hope all those of you who love the sun have had a lovely day today!  I'm off to carry on with my wilting...

31 comments:

emma mitchell said...

Lovely and elegant cards , just love them .
Hugs Emma xx
P.s I'm with you I don't do hot weather either

heidy said...

Wow Lisa these are both gorgeous!
Walking my rounds today and when I got home I almost pass out,I was so tired,the sun burns the whole time on my head,but I'm okay now lol!!
Big XXX Heidy

Chrissie said...

These are simply fabulous Lisa.... I just love them both!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Soooo gorgeous Lisa! Love them both.
xxx

Janette said...

Hi Lisa, Cards are beautiful hun, as always your work is perfect...

Now don't despair with the heat...just get some water at the ready, stick your feet in the kids pool and you'll soon feel much better, I promise it works...lol...xxx

cathi139 said...

beautiful cards, perfect CAS, thanks for the inspiration
Cathi

Vicky said...

They are both so gorgeous Lisa...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Pia S said...

These cards are wonderful - great CAS design. I love them both!

Denise said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa - really love the pink one.
Hugs
Denise xx

Julie said...

Wow, these are fabulous in their simplicity!! Juliex

Louise said...

Wow, these are two gorgeous cards - clean, simple and so classy xx

Diane said...

Super cards, that rosebud paper is adorable and I love your layout.
Diane

Julie said...

Two lovely cards!

Debs M said...

wilting here too....gorgeous cards, cas cards are so effective x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, so simple and effective. the rosebud paper on the girl card look so pretty.
Lyndsey xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Both lovely cas cards. Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.
Sarah-Jane xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa these are both beautiful, I really love how you do the Less is More look, both have an expensive, designer look to them.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kat said...

Great CAS cards Lisa. Love the simplicity of them.

Weather here is amazing just now but since we're only a few miles from the North Sea we always seem to have a wind even if it is a soft one (if we're lucky)! I do like to be warm but I'm not one to sit in the sun so even today I've been indoors except for dog walking.

Hope you don't melt completely!!

Kat xx

Deanna said...

Your Cards are amazing. Very cute

Jackie said...

Two brilliant CAS cards :o)
I'm the same as you, I can't wait for it to cool down again!
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.your cas designs are fabulous ;D
I so want it to cool down too, i am wilting.

xx coops xx

rosie said...

gorgeous cards Lisa x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

These are both stunning Lisa! Love the beautiful designs they are so cute :D

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, I think your cards are stunning, I think they really do stand out without to much, simple design is just right for them. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

GinaA said...

Just perfect, love them both they are so stylish.

Rachel said...

Beautiful cards, love them both. Sory to hear you are not a hot weather fan.....although its a good excuse to eat lots of ice lollies! Wedgie xxx

Jenny said...

I'm with you on the sun Lisa....nice to see it but not a lot of use if you need to be out and about in it!!!
Love the little padded hearts...I have some padded flowers that were a bad buy perhaps I'll take your lead and try a button on them too :0)
Two gorgeous baby cards.
Jenny x

Jan Jones said...

I love what you have done with the hearts - I think my favourate has to be the baby girl card!
Jan x

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely adore these Lisa - especially the boy one. Layering the button over the puffy heart was inspired and it needs nothing more! Poor you wilting in the heat - my hubby is just the same! Vicky x

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely simple card. Thank you for joining the fussy and fancy friday challenge.
Natalie- DT Member

Aileen said...

Two delightful cards. Love them both. x