Saturday 26 September 2015

Buzz Owl & Branch Background - DigiStamp Boutique

Hello everyone :o)

Today's card was for a friend to give to her little girl... she loves owls and pink things!  I used the very cute new Buzz Owl from DigiStamp Boutique, which comes as a set of pre-coloured images with a black outline version too.


I layered up one of the pre-coloured owls onto one of the new Branch Backgrounds and printed it out with an extra owl, so I could cut out and pop up the wings.

The papers are LOTV, as are the little tag stamps.  The frame and flower dies are MFT, sentiment stamp from Clearly Besotted, and I added some Doodlebug enamel dots and buttons from my stash.

Tomorrow it's Morgan's 13th birthday... I have NO idea how he's managed to get so grown up - he's now taller than me!  Both Morgan and Dex have got into roller skating this year, so he decided he wanted a roller skating party, which we had last night.  Lots of his friends came... they're all nice lads, but I have to say, teenage boys are a very odd bunch!  I think they had a good night, but it's really quite hard to tell with some of them ;o)

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening!

16 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely card Lisa & a great layout too. I have to agree about teenage boys....I have 5 of 'em.....although only 2 are teens now. Happy birthday to your son.
hugs Jo x

Jacee said...

Fantastic design Lisa, love that cute owl!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sarah said...

What a perfect card for an owl lover Lisa!! Lovely design. Some Teenagers have their own monosyllabic language for sure!! Wishing him a good day xx

Lorraine said...

That little owl is soooo cute, and I love the design and pretty papers
13 already!! that's gone so quick. Hope he had a fab birthday.
En joy the rest of the weekend
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa this one is so cute and the colours and design are wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}


Jackie said...

A delightful card Lise, I love that pink owl :o)
Jackie xx

Annette said...

Adorable owl and a lovely card. It's great to see you here again too. Happy birthday to Morgan and I'm glad he liked his party. I used to love roller skating when I was younger. Not sure I could stand up on them now though!

Debra K. said...

Wonderful card Lisa! The owl is really sweet and looks great with an extra layer to her wings. Fab card design. Her daughter must have loved this card.
Happy Birthday Morgan !! Glad him and his mates had a great time, you'd definitely know if they hadn't had a good time. Debra x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy birthday Morgan!
Love this gorgeous card Lisa, fab image and great layout too.
Lorraine

Tracey T said...

Welcome to the world of being the parent of a teenage boy! I'm sure they all had a good time but, you're quite right, it's not easy to tell! The Boy Wonder has his first school prom at Christmas and they all go on to an after-party - there's always someone who gets drunk/ill/whatever. Even though I know that G is really quite sensible, I'm still dreading it. Anyhoo, it's good to see you back here and I love the pretty card! Hugs xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning card I love this great image and perfect colours love and hugs Carole x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I loved my roller skates party sounded fab x

An Occasional Genius said...

Wow Lisa, you definitely fulfilled the brief on this one, what a cutie! Happy Birthday Morgan but had to laugh at your comment on teenage boys! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Squeal! this is a super card.

Kat W said...

A brilliantly cute design, love the bold colours and the sweet owl :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Aneta said...

Great card. So optimistic!