Tuesday 14 May 2013

Black Floral (in white!) - DigiStamp Boutique DT

Hello everyone :o)

It's my day to post over on the DigiStamp Boutique blog, and I've been playing with the gorgeous Black Floral set... It's supposed to be a sympathy card for a man - what do you think?  Is it appropriate?


The images are all black, but I wanted them white so I've changed the colour in PagePlus... I started with a solid digi paper, layered the image on and made it white, then did the same with the sentiment and printed them out.  Because the digi paper is printed on white card, you can then use a sandpaper block around all the edges to take the colour off, giving a white distressed edge... I quite like this effect!

Items Used
White linen cardstock - Papermill Direct
Digi stamp and sentiment - Black Floral set
Solid digi paper - Pink Petticoat
Viva Pearl Pen in Ice White - MCH

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
MAWTT - CAS

We've been back to the vets with Bram (cat) again this evening, and he's now booked in for blood tests and general anaesthetic tomorrow morning as it looks like an abscess is brewing... fingers crossed he'll be ok, poor old man.

Off for a catch up and then I need to make a start on a card for my mum and her hubby as it's their anniversary in a couple of days... Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

22 comments:

Lorraine said...

I think this looks fabulous Lisa, and perfect for the occasion.
Lorraine x

Cazza said...

I think this is perfect Lisa, you're so clever!
Hugs,
Cazza
x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

A beautiful card Lisa....and very appropriate for the occasion too....I adore it....Sally-Ann xx

rachel said...

stunning card Lisa and totally perfect for a sympathy card xx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, so clever! I do hope kitty is ok!
Helen x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

PS..hope Bram is ok...xx

Sue said...

So beautiful Lisa. The design is just right for the occasion.
I hope you poor old cat is okay.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I think it's a perfect sympathy card for a man! Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT!
Hugs, Tammy

Jackie said...

Absolutely perfect for the sad occasion, so tasteful.
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.perfect for such a sad time.
I hope your cat is better soon.

xx coops xx

rosie said...

gorgeous Lisa. love the colour you have used. fab idea for such a sad ocassion

hope your cat is better soon x

Janice said...

I love CAS and I adore this card, Jx

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, beautiful stamp. Hope your cat gets better soon, wishing all the best xx

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, very stylish, Jo x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How clever and what a great card.

Pia S said...

What an elegant design, a beautiful b&w creation!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!! Must try this.
xx

mixamatoasties said...

Fab Lisa! Lovely card.

Susan x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Perfect card for the occasion Lisa love how you have adapted the image x

I hope Bram is okay our cat cost us a fortune at the vets when he was injured by a car xx

Lisa T said...

Very pretty! Love the pearl accents. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.

Suzette said...

A fantastic card. Thanks ever so much for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts this week.

Hugs
Suzette

Juls said...

Fab!! Love the pearl detail!! Hugs Juls xxx